Brisket with Olives
Recipe type: Entree
This Moroccan food recipe creates a Brisket with Olives.
- 6 lb brisket of beef
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 tbsp celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 lb green olives
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lemon, for juice
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper and rub with garlic. In a heavy roasting pan, sear meat on all sides in a bit of olive oil. Remove and set aside. In same pot, add remaining olive oil, turmeric, ginger, and onions. Saute until onions are limp. Add celery and carrots and saute. Add tomatoes and mix. Remove ⅓ of the mixture and placed seared meat on the remainder. Cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover, and bake in pre-heated oven at 350F until meat is tender about 3 hours). Remove, and refrigerate.
- Pit the olives and place in a pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Drain, and repeat the process to remove salt.
- Remove brisket from refrigerator. Remove any fat that may have collected. Slice the meat against the grain. Return meat to a heavy pot with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the olives over the meat. Reheat at 350F for 30 minutes and serve.