Recipe type: Soup
This is a Moroccan food recipe version of chickpea soup.
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 15 oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- In 4-5 qt saucepan, heat oil. Add carrots, garlic, and onion and cook until tender. Set aside.
- In food processor, puree chick peas, 1 cup of vegetable stock, tahini and lemon juice. Stir pureed mixture into saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients including vegetable stock. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to heat through.
- If desired, garnish with sesame seeds or scallions.