Baked Prunes and Apricots
Recipe type: Dessert
Baked Prunes and Apricots are a Moroccan food recipe served warm from the oven.
- 100 g dried prunes
- 100 g dried apricots
- 50 g raisins
- 100 ml rum
- 500 ml milk (or cream)
- 120 g caster sugar
- 100 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 20 g butter
- 50 g almonds
- Soak the prunes and the apricots in water overnight, covered while they swell.
- Soak the raisins in rum for a few hours.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the milk slightly and drain the apricots and prunes.
- Mix flour and sugar and beat in the eggs to create a smooth batter with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in the warm milk slowly and mix thoroughly. Add the rum from the raisins.
- Distribute the fruit evenly in the dish and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle crumbs of butter over the surface.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top and place under the grill for a couple of minutes and then serve warm.