Recipe type: Side
Couscous Marrakesh is a Moroccan food recipe which is their national dish served with many meals.
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup cold water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Moisten couscous by sprinkling with a little water in a large bowl. Stir well with a fork to break up all lumps. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to swell.
- Place couscous in a colander with tiny holes. Place the colander over the stew pan, and steam for 30 minutes, uncovered. Break up the mass every 10 minutes with a fork.
- Remove the couscous and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle more water over the couscous, salt, and olive oil.
- Stir thoroughly with a fork or fingers. Return couscous to the colander and steam for another 30 minutes, or until tender.