Recipe type: Dessert
This Moroccan food recipe incorporates a cake with dates and spices.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves, ground
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pitted, chopped dates
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs.
- Combine the baking powder, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, beating well.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add the chopped dates and walnuts and stir again to distribute them evenly.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch cake pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.