Recipe type: Dessert
This Moroccan food recipe incorporates pastry rolls filled with almond paste.
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- ½ tsp salted ice water
- 8 oz almond paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup almonds, ground
- Place the flour, butter and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Add the ice water and blend well until moistened.
- Shape into a ball and divide it into 3 sections, wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, (no more than 2 hours).
- Prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and roll out a section into a 12 by 12 inch square. Cut into 3-inch squares. Place a small piece of filling at one corner of each small square and roll up, diagonally.
- Repeat with the remaining two sections of dough. Place the rolled squares on cookie sheets and bake in a oven preheated at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes.