Couscous with Raisins
Recipe type: Side
Couscous with Raisins is a Moroccan food recipe of sweetened couscous.
- 2¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cup quick-cooking couscous
- ½ tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 to 3 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, or until water has been absorbed.
- Add enough oil to coat couscous grains very lightly and mix with a fork.
- Heat a few cups of water in a wide, shallow pot over medium heat. Place covered saucepan of couscous in the pot to steam.
- Add raisins. Mix well, replace cover, and steam 10 minutes longer.
- Carefully remove saucepan from heat. Add butter to couscous and toss mixture to break up any lumps.
- Pour couscous onto a platter. Form couscous into a mound and sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and walnuts over all.