Recipe type: Entree
Lemon Chicken is a Moroccan food recipe paired nicely with olives.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup olives
- 10 lemon quarters
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Saute chicken by turning pieces often to brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon oil from pan. Saute onion until browned. Stir in paprika, ginger, turmeric, and pepper.
- Add 1 cup water, chicken, olives, 6 lemon quarters and lemon juice.
- Cover pan and simmer, turning once, until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a bowl and garnish with remaining lemon wedges and cilantro.