Recipe type: Dessert
Baklava is a Moroccan food recipe of a sweet treat with nuts.
- 24 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 7 oz unsalted butter
- 9 oz of nuts, pistachios, walnuts, chopped
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 420F
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the chopped nuts with two tbsp of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Using a pastry brush, brush butter on pan surface, layer 12 sheets of phyllo on top with butter between each.
- Sprinkled the nuts to cover the entire surface and then layer another 12 sheets of phyllo with butter between each and on the top sheet.
- Cut up the baklava with a very sharp knife into squares.
- Bake baklava for 10 minutes then lower temperature to 350F and bake until crispy and golden.
- Let cool and prepare the syrup.
- Add the water in a saucepan with the sugar on medium heat and boil. Let boil for 10 minutes, stirring. Add lemon juice and leave to simmer for another ten minutes covered. Add orange blossom water and then pour over baklava.